All students traveling internationally must have a current passport, valid for at least 3 months beyond their return date. Please read the following information carefully before booking your travel to Hungary. Contact Prof. Agnes Szilard in Budapest at [email protected] if you have any questions.


Information for summer students can be found here: Summer Visa Information


This information details visa and residency requirements for students entering Hungary and the Schengen Area to study at BSM in the Fall/Spring semester.

Some of you will need a Visa to enter Hungary. All students will require a Residence Permit to stay in Hungary for the semester (in this case, more than 90 days). 

Preparation for your semester in Hungary depends on your citizenship.

North American and other eligible citizens:

You are a citizen of a country with a tourist visa waiver agreement with Hungary. As a student studying and living in Budapest for more than 90 days, you are required to obtain a Residence Permit. You may do this at the Immigration Office in Budapest, with the help of BSM staff after you arrive. 

For ease of entry into Hungary we encourage students in this citizenship category to apply for a consular certificate.

EU Citizens (Schengen Area)

If you are a citizen of a Schengen Area country, click here.

All Other Citizens:

All other citizens click here.

Questions? Contact Prof. Agnes Szilard in Budapest at [email protected]