The BSM tuition for the fall 2021 and spring 2022 semester is $13,345.00 (U.S., this total includes the cost for the Babilon Program)
The BSM tuition for summer 2022 is $4,995.00. Babilon Language & Culture course (1 week, non-credit) is an additional cost of $210.00 and is optional. Link to Summer Program
The Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 tuition cost is $12,995.00 (U.S.). The Babilon Language & Culture course (2 weeks, non-credit) is an additional cost of $380.00 during the academic year and is optional.
- Tuition deposit of $750.00 to be paid to North American Office right after acceptance
- Remaining tuition due, in full, by July 1, 2022 for the fall 2022 semester and by December 15, 2022 for the spring 2023 semester.
- All tuition and fees will be refunded if BSM cancels the program before the first day of the program (all tuition including deposit)
- All tuition and fees will be refunded if the student withdraws from the program before the first day of the program (no deposit refund)
- If you choose to withdraw from the program within the first five weeks of the semester, the program will reimburse a portion of your refundable tuition according to the following schedule: less than 1 week, 90%, less than 2 weeks, 80%, less than 3 weeks, 60%, less than 4 weeks, 40%, less than 5 weeks, 20%.
Fall tuition deadline is July 1, Spring tuition deadline is December 15, and the Summer tuition deadline is May 1.
BSM only collects tuition, all other costs are paid by the student. Lodging, meals, transportation, and textbooks are not included in the tuition; estimates for these costs can be found below. Renting an apartment or living with a family costs approximately the same. Apart from housing, living costs in Budapest are modest.
PLEASE NOTE: BSM does not offer scholarships or financial aid. Students must check with their Financial Services Office or your Study Abroad Office at your college and verify if they will remit tuition payment or if it is the student’s responsibility. If federal loans are used to pay tuition, check with your financial aid office to make sure your federal student loans will not begin repayment status if you are absent for a semester.
The following estimated costs of living in Budapest for five months, academic year per semester, are in the table below and are paid by the student while in Budapest:
|Rent (per student per term)||$2,600|
|Meals (eating out liberally)||$3,150|
Two more items must be added to these expenses: Transportation to and from Budapest and within Budapest is the students responsibility.
Summer program costs can be calculated on two months versus five months. Link to Summer Program
The above expenses will be paid in HUF; therefore, depending on the exchange rate, are a rough estimate.
Cell phone options include: purchase a pre-paid cell phone in Hungary; skype is available and is the cheapest option; or if you choose to bring a cell phone from home be sure to check with your local company on international rates.
Student Handbooks. https://www.budapestsemesters.com/importation-information/