Budapest Semesters in Mathematics (BSM)
Community Contract for Covid19 Safety
The Covid19 pandemic and the risks posed to the BSM community require that each of us observe heightened safety precautions during the Fall 2021 semester. We have designed a set of policies and procedures to minimize the incidence and spread of Covid19 within the BSM community. These are outlined in our Covid19 Return Plan document, which we expect you to read carefully.
To set a clear expectation of your commitment to our safety policies and procedures, each BSM student is required to acknowledge their agreement with the contract below as a condition of their participation in BSM during the Fall 2021 semester
I agree to the following:
Pre-Departure and Arrival:
- I will participate in the pre-departure orientation.
- I will provide proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test no more than 72 hours prior to departure.
- I will comply with all travel and visa requirements that may affect my entry into Hungary.
- Upon arriving in Budapest, I will complete a 7-day soft-quarantine and follow the guidelines as outlined in the BSM Covid19 Return Plan.
Monitor and Care:
- I will monitor my health daily and report any Covid19 symptoms, exposure, or positive test result to the Director of Student Services.
- If I am experiencing symptoms, I will self-isolate in my apartment room and participate in classes remotely until I receive a Covid test.
- If I receive a positive test result, I agree to be moved to hotel isolation where I will be monitored, provided food, and participate in coursework remotely until I am no longer a transmission risk.
- While in my apartment, I will follow social distancing protocols with my flatmates by wearing masks in the shared spaces of the apartment and maintaining 6 feet of distance from each other.
- While in the BSM classroom building, I will wear a mask and maintain 6 feet of distance.
- I agree to not have any visitors in my apartment or in the BSM classroom building.
- I understand that personal travel during the semester may increase exposure to Covid19, and that I embark on personal travel at my own risk and expense.
- Prior to any personal travel, I will inform the Director of Student Services and provide contact information where I will be accessible for the duration of said travel.
Local / Regional / National Regulations:
- I will adhere to all local, regional, and national regulations. I understand that these regulations may include (but are not limited to) closing of classroom buildings, local curfew or lockdown, or national evacuation.
Participation in BSM:
- I have read the BSM Covid19 Return Plan and agree to adhere to the safety standards as outlined in that document.
- I understand that participation in BSM is contingent upon following these standards.
- I understand that not following the standards may result in removal from BSM.